- We have updated CGSNL annotation and manual curation data (see update_2017-04-14.txt).
- We have updated CGSNL annotation and manual curation data (see update_2016-08-05.txt).
- We have updated CGSNL annotation and manual curation data (see update_2016-03-09.txt).
- Link to the TENOR database (Kawahara et al. 2016) was added to the "DB references" tab in the Gene details view.
- We are pleased to announce that RAP-DB has been reopened. We apologize for a long period of maintenance. Please note that RAP-DB legacy site (http://rapdblegacy.dna.affrc.go.jp) has been closed and integrated into the current version. Users may want to refer to the previous data on GBrowse by selecting from the 'Data Source' pull-down menu, or download the data listed at the bottom of the 'Download' page.
- We have updated CGSNL annotation and manual curation data (see update_2015-03-31.txt).
- We have updated CGSNL annotation and corrected the annotation of three genes (see update_2014-06-25.txt).
- Kasalath chromosome sequences in separate FASTA files have been added to the download data.
- RAP-DB has reopened with a new design!
- We have updated CGSNL annotation and manual curation data (see update_2014-03-05.txt).
- Chromosome sequences of the aus rice cultivar 'Kasalath' are available at Download site.
- We have updated the annotation (see update_2013-04-24.txt).
- We have updated CGSNL annotation and manual curation data (see update_2013-03-19.txt).
- New RAP-DB and related papers have been published!! When using the data obtained from the RAP-DB, kindly acknowledge the RAP project contribution by citing the following papers:
- 1. Sakai, H., et al. "Rice Annotation Project Database (RAP-DB): An integrative and interactive database for rice genomics"
- 2. Kawahara, Y., et al. "Improvement of the Oryza sativa Nipponbare reference genome using next generation sequence and optical map data"
was conceptualized in 2004 upon the completion of the Oryza sativa ssp. japonica cv. Nipponbare genome sequencing by the International Rice Genome Sequencing Project with the aim of providing the scientific community with an accurate and timely annotation of the rice genome sequence. One of the major objectives of this project is to facilitate a comprehensive analysis of the genome structure and function of rice on the basis of the annotation.
Here we provide our updated annotation using the Os-Nipponbare-Reference-IRGSP-1.0 (IRGSP-1.0), a new genome assembly constructed as a joint collaboration of RAP and the MSU Rice Genome Annotation Project. The IRGSP sequences were re-examined using ~44X coverage sequence reads obtained by next-generation sequencers, so that many sequencing errors have been thoroughly corrected. In the present era of massive genome sequencing, the high-quality reference sequence of the rice genome will be more valuable to meet the demands of biodiversity studies and to enhance our understanding of major cereal crops.